Contractions - Bunny Contractions
A contraction is a shortened form of two words created by omission of certain letters and/or sounds using an apostrophe in place of those letters and/or sounds.
In this printable, your students will be working on contractions with the theme of bunnies and carrots. They will decide which two carrots go together and find the matching bunny. The bunny will have the contraction of the two words on the carrots. You can also do the reverse: choose a bunny then find the matching carrots. Use a clothespin the hold together.
--65 bunnies with contractions
--33 carrots with words
Suggestions, tips, and differentiation:
* You can also use clothes pins to hold cards together.
* Put carrots in ABC order.
* Can be used for assessment purposes.
* Can be used in small group or at a literacy center.
* Can be used in whole group as in circle time.
* Can be used for a distance learning activity.
Put a matching sticker on the backs of the pieces that go together. When the child is finished, have them turn over the cards to see if the stickers match.
Category: ELA → Grammar