Lesson Narratives: A Menu of Choices- Paper/Pencil
Introduce your secondary students to four types of stories that teach lessons in this lesson plan with menu choices and a variety of responses.
Included in this 8-page lesson plan are editable and fillable Word documents in digital form. It includes four different lesson narrative sub-genres with activities to help your students evaluate audience, theme, context and symbolism. Your students will polish their paragraph writing along the way.
Simply print the texts for your face-to-face students, or upload the 15-slide Google Slideshow to your LMS for a virtual lesson. Or use the fillable Word documents in your LMS for easy grading.
Included are the following menu items for your students to enjoy:
· Appetizer- Create a Venn diagram about audiences for fables.
· Salad- Write a paragraph about the theme in a parable using textual evidence.
· Entree- Write a paragraph to contrast the content of two fairy tales.
· Dessert- Create a chart with symbols in allegorical artwork.
· Write a summative paragraph about the relevance of lesson narratives today.
If you teach in a hybrid or virtual classroom, this lesson is perfect to prepare your students for analysis of longer works.
Teach it yourself, or put it in your emergency sub plan folder for a lesson that is sure to engage your students while you are out.
Or pull apart the tasks and use them in a literacy center or as a station activity.
Complete with simple evaluative scale, CCSS, background information, How-to -Use suggestions AND extension activities for additional days, this lesson will let your students will come away learning a lesson and developing strong experience analyzing literary texts.
Category: ELA → Literature